Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a Family Tradition - Wrap Up

On our last day in south Georgia, Hunter woke up and immediately yelled (repeatedly) "Jackson, wha aw yoooooouuuuu?" searching all over the house for his buddy. He finally found him still asleep and crawled right up beside him. 
(When Hunter found Jackson he pretended to be asleep just like him.)
For the rest of the day, Hunter had to be rightnexttoJacksonatalltimes.

We got some good Uncle Josh time and he was kind enough to keep the kids entertained while I finished washing clothes and packing.


This godfather and goddaughter have a very special relationship.



After packing we headed over to the big house to say our goodbyes. It's always bittersweet for me.

While there Jules and I got into a small tiff but, as always, we were quick to make up. My brother, knowing my passion for capturing moments, was busy on the side snapping....This is us making up.....


....and then professing our love for one another. (I have this habit of laughing hysterically when I cry as you can see here.) I think it was more about being sad to leave one another manifested in other ways.


Big hugs, kisses and two packed mayonnaise-salt-and-tomato sandwiches later, we were on our way to our next stop; Destin, Florida. All of the sun and hard play had worn these two little munchkins out.



Three hours later: Destin, home of soft, white sandy beaches and clear, aqua blue water--Here we are!!









Although I was sad to leave my big family in south Georgia, I was looking forward to spending some time with the in-laws and knowing lots of cute sandy baby toes and faces were in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments like I love eating chocolate donuts....