Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Twelve on Twelve April

I'm still playing catch up so project Twelve on Twelve is making it's debut in early May. (To find out how Twelve on Twelve started look here.)

7:00 a.m. All is quiet in the Menoni household. I love this time of the morning when the sun is just starting to come out and I get to enjoy a hot, steaming cup of coffee.


8:00 a.m. The troops are up and eating.


(I caught this sweet moment with the two of them. Hunter
leaned over and was talking baby talk to Emerson while 
she rubbed his head.)

9:00 a.m. Music class.


10:00 Hunter's favorite part of music class is throwing the scarves up in the air while singing so he tends to hog them all.


11:00 a.m. Hunter takes a rest watching tv while I put Emerson down. He looks just like a little man here.


12:00 p.m. I get to enjoy some delish mac and cheese. This stuff is seriously good and involves three kinds of cheese, bread crumbs and butter. Need I say more?


1:00 p.m. Our friends are coming over later so I made some brownies. (Any excuse to make brownies I'll take especially when candy bars are involved.)


2:00 p.m. The kids are sleeping so I went outside to get in touch with nature. Bear with me as a cheat a little and include more than one photo for the hour.....

I took this shot of a log near the water. There's something really pretty about it to me. At first glance it's a hollow log with dead branches and debris but, steal a closer look and it becomes interesting and lovely.


The water was calm, beautiful and smelled of fresh rain. I stood there and enjoyed it for a few minutes. 


And speaking of finding beauty in the not-so-pretty moments.....although it was rainy weather I found these suckers right outside our front door. 


3 pm Emerson and I played with blocks. 


I couldn't resist including a few photos of this because she was so delighted when we'd build the blocks up and then knock them down. 

(See her cute curled foot? She always has one like this and I love it!)

She would laugh and laugh and barely be able to contain herself. 


We then played with some colored window-pane blocks and I took these fun photos.....




4:00 p.m. We have our weekly play date with Carly and baby Lucy. Our neighborhood friends stopped by too so it was lots of fun! (Especially for the Mommys as our friends allowed us to actually get a full conversation in as they kept the smaller guys entertained.)


5:00 p.m. Saying goodbye to our friends.



6:00 p.m. I made fennel and chick pea salad with breaded pork chops for dinner. 


7:00 p.m. Daddy-duty because Mommy had to go to a league meeting. It always starts with a little pre-bath rough housing. 


8:00 p.m. Books before bed. (Daddy did a pretty awesome self-portrait!)


(We lost a few hours in there since Mommy was gone and Daddy goes to bed as early as possible when she's not around.)

Midnight.  After our league meeting, my friend Peggy and I went to Starbucks. We closed the place down and then sat in my car in a pouring rainstorm for over two hours just talking. 
And that my friends is a memory maker.




1 comment:

I love reading your comments like I love eating chocolate donuts....